My personal take
- Highly configurable.
- Slip it into a purse and it becomes the GTD’s ubiquitous capturing tool.
- You can use it for various other purposes like ‘Important one page notes’ etc.
- Purely non-tech and non-electronic PDA.
- Use it when it is inconvenient to carry a diary, but gets transferred to my diary at the earliest and destroyed.
- Would require use of paper.
- After a bit of time you land up with many versions of the paper which you need to track.
- Uses only one side of the page whereas I would like to use both sides.
- Other simple folding methods allow for full use of the real estate.
It is a cool tool to show off and does give the feel of a booklet. That extra bit of effort gives it a nice feel and makes you respect it as compared to a normal folded paper (which allows for both sides to be used). You can have a series of them which you can keep together with a rubber band. I have made a set of many small booklets to keep track of small things like
- A Packing list
- How to care for elders.
- How to study.
- 50 things that I like to do today.
- One with a small photograph of self ( 🙂 occasionally to show others) to jot down notes.
One more reason for this to catch my fancy we have a Actionbooklet that can be printed from gtd-php, which happens to be my method of tracking jobs/projects.